Stephen Rollnick – MI in Action with Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D.: Presentation & Demo for Substance Abuse & Other Mental Health Disorders
- Stephen Rollnick
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 03, 2014
Presentation and Demo for Treating Substance Abuse & Mental Health Disorders
Stephen Rollnick, PhD, Co-founder of Motivational Interviewing, Author, International Speaker and Expert Trainer
Watch this rare, must-see recording and watch the leading expert and co-founder of MI “Demo” with a simulated client the key skills of Motivational Interviewing. Learn this easier approach that will take the frustration out of your conversations with clients regarding substance abuse and other mental health problems.
Stephen Rollnick, PhD, is one of the world’s foremost expert and co-founder of motivational interviewing (MI), a method for helping people to change their behavior. He has worked for 25+ years on MI for mental health and modifiable risk factors, as a practitioner, trainer and author of books.
|Manual (1.23 MB)||23 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Why Motivational Interviewing (MI)?
- Why is this approach to behavior change useful in tackling diverse and challenging client scenarios?
- Common errors like the “Righting Reflex”.
- A new 4-process framework helps to navigate the interview and harness clients’ own motivation to change.
What does it look like in practice?
- Getting alongside patients – doing this rapidly and effectively.
- Locating a useful focus for change. Agenda mapping as a strategy.
- Evoking internal motivation using the “spirit” and core skills of MI
Getting yourself into gear
- Adjusting your attitude and style
- Slowing your pace down, noticing change and sustain talk
- The core skills for doing this skillfully
Stephen Rollnick, PhD Related seminars and products: 8
Stephen Rollnick, Ph.D. is on the faculty in the Department of Primary Care & Public Health at Cardiff University, Wales. He has also worked for many years as a clinical psychologist in the British National Health Service. With a background in the addiction field, his interest turned to consultations about behavior change in wider mental health & healthcare practice, where practitioners try to encourage clients to change their lifestyle and use of medication. Dr. Rollnick’s research and teaching activity is now focused on the behavior of practitioners and other topics. He has trained practitioners in many countries and continents, and has published a wide range of research papers, articles and books.
- Co-author, with William R. Miller, of key texts on motivational interviewing, including the recently published Motivational Interviewing: Helping People Change, 3rd Edition
- 25 years’ experience working with therapists and practitioners across the globe
- Co-founder and leading member of the international Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT)
- Clinical expertise in addiction, panic and anxiety, HIV-AIDS, chronic illness and depression
Financial: Stephen Rollnick receives compensation from PESI, Inc. for developing course material, speaking, and product sales.
Non-Financial: Stephen Rollnick has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.