Phil Morse – Mixing Power Skills
Archive : Phil Morse – Mixing Power Skills
Mixing Power Skills
More than ever, DJs today need to be versatile when it comes to programming and performing exciting DJ sets, but often get held back by the feeling that the next right tune is simply “unmixable”. This inevitably means boring and uninspiring DJ performances. Our ground-breaking and hugely popular Mixing Power Skills online video training course breaks down those barriers and teaches you all the skills you need to mix anything into anything, no matter what genre or BPM. It does so on any DJ gear, giving you everything you need to perform mind-blowing mix transitions anywhere.
This is a complete course delivered online in full HD across over 30 videos, viewable on your computer, tablet or smartphone, so you can learn anywhere. Presented by Phil Morse, the founder of Digital DJ Tips, it has multiple camera angles, on-screen annotations, close-up skill shots, and step-by-step explanations, making it easy to follow, and fun. It’s everything you need to master “power mixing” in one place. What’s more, pay once and it’s yours for life, so you can take at your own speed and refer back whenever you want.
What you’ll learn
- How to mix anything into anything – every time, effortlessly, even if it’s in a different genre, style or BPM
- How to move way past basic beatmatching, into real pro mixing techniques
- How to “power mix” with house, hip hop, pop, rock, reggae, bass music, funk, disco, acapellas…
- How to perform these techniques on any kind of DJ gear – we show you it on the lot
- How to use your faders, EQs, filters and gain controls creatively – don’t be “chained to the crossfader”!
- How to live remix, taking familiar vocals and riffs, and chopping, changing and morphing them
- “Classic” power mixing skills like using two copies of the same track – sure to impress your DJ friends
- How to easily beatmix pop songs and other music where there’s no time to perform proper mixes
- How to cue juggle, phase, use tone play, ride the beats, and extend intros and outros
- Tricks with advanced acapella use, delays, gating, elastic beatgridding, power tagging and more