Eboni Webb – Adolescence in Crisis: Racial Trauma and Identity (A Trauma-Focused DBT Perspective)
- Eboni Webb
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Aug 06, 2020
Our youth are living through a critical and pivotal watershed moment in global history.
As if adolescence and identity formation weren’t hard enough, the global pandemic and racial unrest have introduced another layer of stress and trauma in developing youth across multicultural and ethnic experiences.
If you’re not sure how to support these young people, you’re not alone!
Join Dr. Eboni Webb for this compelling 90-minute recording that focuses on racial trauma through the lens of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). You’ll learn:
- How racial trauma impacts adolescent development
- How it informs body politics and self-image
- DBT strategies for adolescents to cope, thrive and build a life worth living amidst racial trauma
|Manual – Adolescence in Crisis (17.9 MB)||24 Pages||Available after Purchase|
The Racial Trauma Survival Lens
- The impact of racial trauma on the developing mind
- Key features of healthy racial identity and its impact neurologically
- Common defensive survival strategies in racial trauma
- Historical traumatic wounds, hidden wounds, and microaggressions
Racial Trauma-Informed DBT Interventions
- Looking through the racial identity “life worth living” lens
- An ethnopolitical approach to racial trauma
- Utilize DBT to overcome resistance to discussion, racial identity exploration and formation among youth
- Learn how to balance validation, secure attachment, and DBT change strategies
Eboni Webb, Psy.D. Related seminars and products: 5
Eboni Webb, Psy.D. opened the private practice Kairos in Middle Tennessee in July 2010. Kairos, now The Village of Kairos, offers diverse DBT specializations including DBT for trauma-based disorders and co-occurring disorders. The Village of Kairos has expanded therapy programs, better known as Restorative Services, to include individual and group therapy sessions for adolescents, parents, families, and adults including in-the-moment coaching for patients.
Dr. Webb earned her Doctorate of Clinical Psychology from the Minnesota School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Webb began her clinical work as assistant clinical director and program director at Mental Health Systems in Minnesota, a large clinic specializing in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT). She has extensively practiced DBT developing two special treatment programs for clients with developmental disabilities and borderline-intellectual functioning.
Dr. Webb has completed Level II training and is currently in the process of completing her board certification in Sensorimotor Psychotherapy℠ as an Advanced Certified Practitioner which has become a prominent feature of therapy offerings in the Village.
Financial: Eboni Webb is the founder and a primary therapist at The Village of Kairos. Dr. Webb receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Nonfinancial: Eboni Webb has no relevant non-financial relationships to disclose.