Dafna Lender, Peter Levine – Healing Childhood Trauma with Peter Levine, PhD & Dafna Lender, LCSW: An Integrative Approach for Mental Health Clinicians
- Dafna Lender | Peter Levine
- 2 Hours 5 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jul 16, 2020
Join international trauma experts Peter Levine, creator of Somatic Experiencing®, and Dafna Lender, Theraplay® and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy trainer, in this recording as they share their insights, expertise, and clinical experience treating childhood trauma.
Through dynamic discussion and demonstrations of their respective approaches, Peter Levine and Dafna Lender offer practical “bottom-up” tools for restoring resilience and equilibrium in children who have experienced trauma, including:
- Simple containment strategies for engaging clients in trauma wound work
- Embodied attachment-based techniques derived from Theraplay®
- Somatic Experiencing® interventions that create positive experiences in the body
- Attunement tools for caregivers and families
- And more!
Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to learn from not one but TWO leading experts in the treatment of childhood trauma – purchase today!
|Manual – Healing Childhood Trauma (7.1 MB)||24 Pages||Available after Purchase|
Foundations of Somatic Experiencing® and Theraplay®
- Evolutionary underpinnings of trauma, the Polyvagal theory
- Flight, flight, freeze, and collapse
- The somatic effects of stress in children
- Trauma through the lens of attachment
- Why “bottom-up” techniques are imperative to the treatment process
Integrative Strategies to Restore Resilience, Attunement, and Safety
- How to assess which behavior(s) require interventions
- Simple containment tools for children
- Therapeutic games for overcoming feelings of helplessness
- Touch-based interventions to release somatically “stuck” responses to stress
- Trust and attunement practices for caregiver and child
- Pendulation-informed techniques to develop a sense of “flow”
- Guided attunement activities for caregivers and families And more!
Dafna Lender, LCSW Related seminars and products: 5
Dafna Lender, LCSW serves as the program director at The Theraplay Institute in Evanston, IL and is certified as a practitioner, supervisor and trainer in both Theraplay and Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP). Dafna trains psychotherapists internationally in these methods and trains in three languages. She is also a supervisor and author in the field of treating attachment and trauma issues in children.
Dafna has spent her career focusing children’s development of a secure attachment with their caregivers while resolving issues in their traumatic history. Early in her career, Dafna worked in treatment foster care and witnessed child after child “fail” out of foster placements due to difficult behavior. Children were disruptive, unsettled and unhappy, and their caregivers felt defeated. Dafna’s sense of discouragement went away after taking the Theraplay training and learning direct, concrete ideas and interactions that she could apply in home with her treatment families to promote healthier, more hopeful relationships. Dafna has successfully treated children with a variety of backgrounds, including children raised in orphanages, with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, exposed to domestic violence and community violence and children of parents with chronic mental illness. Dafna has worked in the field of child welfare and child mental health for 20+ years.
Financial: Dafna Lender has an employment relationship with The Theraplay Institute. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Dafna Lender has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
Peter Levine, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 26
Dr. Peter Levine holds doctorates in both medical biophysics and psychology. He is the developer of Somatic Experiencing® (SE), a naturalistic body-awareness approach to healing trauma, which he teaches all over the globe. Dr. Levine is also the founder of the Foundation for Human Enrichment and was a stress consultant for NASA during the development of the space shuttle.
An accomplished author, Dr. Levine penned Healing Trauma, Sexual Healing and the bestselling book, Waking the Tiger. He also co-authored with Maggie Kline Trauma Through a Child’s Eyes and Trauma-Proofing Your Kids. His latest book, In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness, is a testament to his lifelong investigation into the connection between evolutionary biology, neuroscience, animal behavior, and more than 40 years of clinical experience in the healing of trauma.
Dr. Levine was honored in 2010 with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the United States Association for Body Psychotherapy (USABP) and is a Senior Fellow at Meadows Behavioral Healthcare.
Financial: Peter Levine is the Developer of Somatic Experiencing®. He is the founder and Senior Advisor to the Foundation for Human Enrichment; and Senior Advisor to The Meadows Addiction Treatment Center. Dr. Levine receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-financial: Peter Levine is a member of the American Psychological Association; Humanistic Psychological Association; and International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies.
- 0.1 Dafna Lender, Peter Levine – Healing Childhood Trauma with Peter Levine, PhD & Dafna Lender, LCSW: An Integrative Approach for Mental Health Clinicians
- 1 Description
- 2 Handouts
- 3 Outline
- 4 Faculty
- 5 Dafna Lender, LCSW Related seminars and products: 5
- 6 Peter Levine, Ph.D. Related seminars and products: 26