Cathy Bissett – Play Therapy for Children, Adolescents and Adults: Techniques to move beyond talk therapy and Play It Out
- Cathy Bissett
- 6 Hours 33 Minutes
- Audio and Video
- Jun 08, 2016
- 30 Techniques for children, adolescents and adults
- Recognize and apply metaphors
- Mindfulness in play therapy
- Effective techniques for ADHD, Anger, Anxiety, Depression, Trauma, Abuse
Play Therapy is not just a useful therapeutic method for children, it is also a preferred way of expression for adolescents and adults. Watch this recording and explore how you can use play therapy techniques with any client, regardless of age or symptom. Learn proven techniques appropriate to your client’s stage in life, behavioral or emotional issues, and disorders. You will leave with a toolbox filled with Play Therapy techniques that you can use immediately with clients of all ages, including:
- Over 30 cutting-edge techniques for clients of all ages
- What techniques to apply to Anxiety, ADHD, anger, trauma and abuse.
- Metaphors and understanding of the meaning of your client’s play
- What a session should look like
Join Dr. Cathy Bissett as she shows you how effective Play Therapy is for development, communication, social-emotional skills and improving behavioral health.
|Manual (4.31 MB)||86 Pages||Available after Purchase|
- Assessment and Diagnoses
- Identify Themes
- Age Appropriate Play
- What techniques are Best for What disorders
- Play In and Out of the Play Room
- Recognizing the Schema
- What a Session Looks Like
Integrate Play into Practice
- Playing the Brain
- Use of Sensory Information
- Mind/Body Connection
- Brain Re-mapping
- The Well-Equipped Play Room
- The Therapist as Collaborator
Play Therapy for Children
- Children’s Metaphors
10 Techniques for Children
- Sand Tray
- Parallel Play
- Reciprocal Play (I-spy)
- Alliance development
- Make believe
Play Therapy for Adolescents
- Adolescent Metaphors
- Personal myths
- Peer and external influences
- Reversion and Reassessment
10 Techniques for Adolescents
- Sharing “language”
- Dress codes
- Synchronicity and mirroring neurons: the continuous feedback loop; animals
- Silence: where no one has gone before.
- Slowing the process
- Write it down!
- Expect and demand
- Know their culture
- Never let them see you sweat; risk.
Play Therapy for Adults
- Adult Metaphors
- When, Where, What, How and Why Support
- Change and Reframe
10 Techniques for Adults
- Sand tray
- Identification and re-establishment of Values Systems
- Amateur Hour
- Saving Face
- Refuge and Truth Telling
- Search and Destroy: Love IS enough
Cathy L. Bissett, M.B.A., Psy.D., is a clinical psychologist in private practice in Sedona, Arizona, working with patients from 3 to 92 with a broad range of presenting disorders in a rural practice. A past member of the National Health Service Corps, Cathy is dedicated to seeking new ways to facilitate growth and wellness in children, adolescents, families and individuals. Cathy also owns a clinic for speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists and physical therapists in Casa Grande, AZ.
Prior to being in private practice, Cathy worked with the students of the J. Pappas Schools – dedicated schools for homeless children in Phoenix, AZ, and at several one-school school districts in rural Arizona. Cathy is a member of the Arizona Play Therapy Association.
Financial: Cathy L. Bissett maintains a private practice. She has an advisory board relationship with Ebtide.org and SharingResources.org. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc.
Non-Financial: Cathy L. Bissett is a member of the Arizona Play Therapy Association.