[Audio Only] IC19 Workshop 41 – OCD and Posthypnotic Suggestions: Advanced Techniques of OCD Therapy – Krzysztof Klajs, Dipl. Psych
- Topic Areas:
- IC19 – All Audio
- Erickson Congress | Erickson Congress 2019
- Krzysztof Klajs, Dipl. Psych
- 1 Hour 57 Minutes
- Audio Only
- Original Program Date :
- Dec 15, 2019
OCD is a rather chronic illness affecting about 2.5% of adults. Its diagnosis is perceived as a demanding and challenging one. Trance phenomena can be described as natural behavioral manifestations of the trance state. They can be observed in individuals as well as in family communication patterns. In OCD families, one of the most powerful and widely present trance phenomena are the posthypnotic suggestions. They are invisible, deeply hidden, mighty and long lasting.
In this workshop, systemic ideas increasing effectiveness of therapy will be stressed. Attendees will learn how to increase therapeutic sensitivity to observe, diagnose, understand and therapeutically remodel these phenomena.
- Indicate the most common posthypnotic suggestions circulating between relatives in OCD families.
- Describe the significance of posthypnotic suggestions in OCD treatment.
- List 3 hypnotic strategies of remodeling family posthypnotic suggestions in a therapeutic way.
*Sessions may be edited for content and to preserve confidentiality*
Krzysztof Klajs, Dipl. Psych., is Founder and Director of The Milton H. Erickson Institute of Poland, where he also maintains a private practice. He is certified as psychotherapist by Polish Psychiatric Association, and licensed as psychotherapist by Polish Psychological Association.